November 15, 2010

Kimbra in "Settle Down"


Kimbra is a beautiful and talented 20-year-old singer from New Zealand. I've been listening to her music for the past couple of months and she still hasn't come off on repeat. Not only is she an amazing singer, her music video for "Settle Down" is also amazing. You should know that I either like it fun and playful or strange and creepy when it comes to music videos. Isn't that weird for me to say when we all know I hate scary films? Well, in Kimbra's video, she encompasses everything I could ever possibly love.



via Source

14 comments:

candy apples said...

I've never heard of her before, but I just watched her video and she's awesome!!!

xoxo
Ai

Amber Blue Bird said...

Im going to check out more of her music, that song is catchy

jamie-lee said...

I live in New Zealand and had never heard of her before - but phwoar she's incredible. I love her sound and that video.. wow. wow. wow.

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

rouli said...

really great post and blog:))

pls come visit and join!

kissssssss

hiven said...

beautiful x hivennn.

Viv said...

that's pretty awesome, i will have to start listening to her now ;)




myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

Erica said...

Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!
www.poolovesboo.blogspot.com

P. said...

I didn't know her she looks cool

I'm following you!!

http://www.ohmydior.org/

Vicky K. said...

so nice!!

Vicky
(new post: News from my shoeshelf: UGGS & follow me)

paperwhales said...

@Amber Blue Bird I'm glad you like her! She is so incredible live. You can view her singing live on YouTube. Just search for "Kimbra at Sing Sing Studios."

paperwhales said...

@Viv Glad you enjoy her music!

paperwhales said...

@P. Thank you for following me. I'll be following you back through Bloglovin'

ana b. said...

I've watched this video about three times now and it, and the song, keeps getting better and better. I love the subversiveness.

paperwhales said...

@ana b. Ana B, I'm so glad you enjoy this music video. Subversiveness is the key word to use! I love how she talks about domesticity in this song/video. Do try to check out her live sessions on YouTube. Just search for "Kimbra at Sing Sing Studios." She is so amazing live.