November 13, 2010

"Small Gift" Los Angeles


Last Thursday, I went to Sanrio's 50th Anniversary "Small Gift" Event. We went an hour earlier and already, there was a line forming for the 7:30pm opening. Inside, VIP guests were given free gift bags and goodies galore. Free wine, alcohol, Pink's Hot Dogs, Beard Papa cream puffs, Oi Ocha Green Tea, ferris wheel rides, mini golf, and Sanrio photobooth! A few notable celebrities present were Lisa Ling, Pete Wentz, Ashley Simpson, Jason "Mayhem" Miller, Kimora Lee Simmons, and Eric Estrada.  Besides being surrounded by cuteness, my absolute favorite part of Small Gift was the group art show. My favorite artwork came from Joe Ledbetter, Kozyndan, Audrey Kawasaki, Nouar, and Paul Frank.  I was particularly excited for Audrey and Kozydan's pieces since I've been a fan for years.











































Somehow, I took over 700 photos. I narrowed it down to 308 so if you'd like to see more,  please visit here. If only I had known about the cream puffs earlier, I would've taken less pictures and eaten more puffs.

All the goodies inside our gift bags. Thank you Sanrio!

9 comments:

Amber Rose said...

Goodness, I can't even imagine how grand everything must've been! :)

paperwhales said...

@Amber Rose Oh, it was! At least for me. I'm not sure if anyone else felt the same way though.. I was just so giddy about the entire thing. I felt like I was going to Disneyland for the first time!

Kim said...

oh.my.gosh. i LOVE that cart! and all the foodie pictures :)

Niki said...

This looks perfect

The girl in the afternoon said...

so amazing....I love sanrio :x...they're so cute

MaNAa said...

love it so much love japanese culture toki doki etc must be very cool, in france we have japan expo :)

paperwhales said...

@MaNAa Japan Expo in France? Wow! That must be so interesting to see. I'd love to see what everyone dresses up as!

Fashion Intel said...

I did not make it out to Small Gift and your photos have me kicking myself. I'm totally devastated! Looks absolutely fun and amazing.

p.s. just added you on bloglovin. add me back if you're into it! xoxo

Mary Rebecca said...

Ooo, I wish I could have gone to that! My bank account is glad I wasn't able to though. ;)