November 14, 2010

Uamou as Takoyaki



Uamou (pronounced like wah-moo) is the brainchild of artist, Ayako Takagi. Known for her figures, Ayako has designed her Uamou character into the famous Japanese street food, takoyaki. I fell in love when I saw these figures because takoyaki is one of my favorite all-time snacks. If you haven't had it before, do ask for it at any Japanese restaurant! I love the green details of the sprinkled seaweed on top. I'm craving takoyaki so badly now, I think I might get some tomorrow.


Photos from Uamou & Tyama


12 comments:

kileen said...

omg, the top 2 pictures are food?!! it's too cute to eat!

thanks for stopping by my blog, doll! glad to see other asian bloggers out there! :)

cuteandlittle.com

candy apples said...

I've never heard of Uamou! I'm originally from Osaka which is known for takoyaki, so this post totally made me homesick :( haha

Nice blog♥

xoxo
Ai

ching said...

oh those are adorable. ive been seeing a lot of that in the web. so that's how it's pronounced. :D haha
i am now your new follower.

paperwhales said...

@candy apples I'm so glad someone knows what takoyaki is! but I'm sorry it made you homesick :(

paperwhales said...

@chingI'm such a big fan of Uamou, but those figures can get so pricey. They're about 2 inches tall and each one starts at $25. Ouch! I'd love to collect, but I'd rather buy shoes.

Thank you for following me! :)

paperwhales said...

@kileen Hi Kileeen. The top 2 photos aren't food. Sorry, I think I may have explained myself wrong. They're only toy figures and Ayako designed them to look like the takoyaki food. Thanks for visiting mine! :)

Couture Carrie said...

Very cool!

xoxox,
CC

Nadine said...

I have no idea how to pronounce them haha, but they are very cute! Nice blog!

danniekate said...

um, this looks delicious! x

Marinka said...

the food looks so good ^^ Anyway thanks for your nice comment on my blog, I will come back to read your blog again ^^

hiven said...

so adorable! x hivennn.

MaNAa said...

so so cute i want to buy some like that <3