December 21, 2010

Moss Bathroom Rug


Specializing in industrial design, packaging, and 3-D modeling, La Chanh Nguyen designed a live moss bathroom rug made out of recycled latex foam, which creates cells that house pieces of forest moss. Because moss requires very little water, it is able to thrive from the humidity of showers and the small drops of water that fall from your body. I thought this design was ingenious when I discovered it on Coroflot. This moss rug can now be purchased in France, but plans are being made to have this product marketed across Europe. I don't know the price, but I do know that I would love to have this in my home one day. I'm in awe. I just love this.


via source

16 comments:

Rachelous said...

That's pretty nifty I have to say! I think my cat would probably scratch that up in no time though! x

Fashion Intel said...

OMG, what an idea! I bet we can make our very own. Your blog is so refreshing.

Sasmita said...

Great products in your blog!!!
That's very distinguished & too interesting to watch .....

Love to visit again!

thebirthdaygirl said...

And I thought I've seen everything!
I need this..it'll totally freak my boyfriend out!! Looooooooooves.
Thanks for sharing.
LC

Marinka said...

that is so cute!! I love the idea :)

Rosie said...

That's so funky!

Rosie x

ediot said...

NEVer seen this before. i love the idea. it would make a great gift! thanks a lot for sharing. and for stopping by me so i could find your fantastic blog
x

Closet Fashionista said...

Oooh wow that is so fun!! :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Jes said...

that is so interesting!


http://jessicaschrillo.blogspot.com/

Jas said...

mmm i love it!

http://theblacksarahjessica.blogspot.com/

Sands said...

Oh that rug is so cute! What a clever idea ;)

xo
Sealverland

matchboxmuse said...

That's such a lovely idea :) Would really bring some color and life ti the bathroom! Just in case I won't get to wish you later, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Love from Paris, M

Brittany said...

that is so cool, I didn't know these existed. now i want one :)


http://ittybittybomb.blogspot.com/

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

Oh it'd just be all lovely to jump out of the bath/shower on to. x hivennn.

RX-SZ said...

This is cool. I could totally play a joke on my grandma with it!

Elekon said...

oh that`s an interesting idea:) looks so natural and very unusual.

www.elekonchicboutique.com