April 19, 2011

Birthday Present!


My birthday was on Sunday, April 17, and I celebrated with having breakfast at The Mission with a couple of friends, Starbucks with my brothers and dad, bike riding with Kris, and dinner at 25 Forty Bistro & Bakehouse in Old Town. Now I wish I had documented everything! I had incredible food the entire day and my super amazing boyfriend even got me my favorite tiramisu cake from Etna's.



What made me feel incredibly special was my birthday present from Kris. He took all the things I've made of us as "Where the Wild Things Are" (plush, drawings, and paper versions of us) and turned us into toys! He's a designer/vinyl toy collector and somehow, he was able to commission these one-of-a-kind customs. It's all done from scratch with no Dunny, Munny, or Mad*L figure as the starting base.



My heart melted when I saw them and when he told me how he's been planning this for months, it brought me to tears. I feel so lucky to have him in my life. He treats me so special and I only hope he feels the same.


If you're curious, we've been together for almost two years now. I think we're four months away? I've always been pretty terrible at keeping track of these things and he can definitely vouch for this! And on the subject of toys, Kris also blogs for Vinylpulse.com. Be sure to check that out!


12 comments:

sojourned in style said...

Happy Belated Birthday! this just melted my heart. how incredibly sweet but not in the typical mushy way but the genuine sentimentality in this. toys made from your drawings is incredible.

Bianca said...

wow. that is a super rad gift!! happy belated birthday!

paperwhales said...

@sojourned in style Thank you! :)

paperwhales said...

@Bianca Thank you Bianca!

Sarah said...

that is the sweetest gift ever! You must be so happy, they're fab! xx

Song Anh said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! FIrst of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It looks like you had a wonderful time celebrating it. You are so lucky and your bf is super sweet for doing something so thoughtful for you. Wow! these are so cute but I'm just so amaze at his work as well!!

Cup of Fashion

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

Firstly, happy belated birthday!!!! Secondly, what an amazing, amazing gift! All the thought and planning alone is so touching, you're a lucky lady :)

Amanda said...

Happy Belated Birthday! =)

l i s a z h a n g said...

hey lovely

sorry i took ike a whole week to get back to you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE 17th!!!!
and yes my bf shares the same birthday as you!

how did you celebrate?

those dolls are soooo cute! such an amazing present!

x

www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

DragonCypher said...

These are awesome! Are you sure they weren't started with a munny or dunny base? The feet and torso look like a munny for sure.

wtfunks said...

@DragonCypher
100% SURE MAN!

galatea. said...

i am luvin' your blog! great find x