April 27, 2011

Mars Ankle Boots by Rachel Comey




I've been sick the past three days and haven't had the energy to do much, like get out of my bedroom and see the sunlight. I got really excited on Monday though because my package from Assembled Hazardly arrived at my doorstep. I purchased these Rachel Comey Mars boots from her and I could not have been happier!


Since my sickness has taken over my life, I haven't been able to wear these out yet. Although I'm feeling pretty miserable, looking at these Mars boots from my bed is making me feel a lot better. I did try them on and I was quite surprised to know that they fit perfectly. I was worried they would fit narrow since I've read complaints about that, but they're surprising true to size.


I would like to thank Amanda of Assembled Hazardly for keeping these on reserve for me. It has been a real struggle to find these Mars boots in size 6 and I feel so lucky to have finally found them. You're also my savior!


Being sick isn't so bad when I have Seasons 1-5 of Saved by the Bell to keep me company too.


16 comments:

l i s a z h a n g said...

they are lovely!
i want a pair of boots as well!

hope ur getting better soon dearest!

x

www.devious-studios.blogspot.com

Lexie, Little Boat said...

those boots remind me of no. 6s, which would be great if they were like a no. 6 "tribute" and were about $200 less ... alas ... i think they are probs the same price point, and i will keep dreaming of my dream no. 6 boots.

hope you feel better soon!

Amanda said...

I just realize the box looks pretty beat up. =( Hope you get better soon and that you'll be able to bring the shoes out for a spin.

galatea. said...

saved by the bell series! looks like a great weekend ahead for you.. plus a beautiful pair of shoes for you to admire whilst your sick ;) hope you feel better!

paperwhales said...

@Amanda Aww, no worries at all! I was impressed by the condition of the shoes. It was even better than I expected!

paperwhales said...

@l i s a z h a n g Thank you! I hope I get better soon. Wiping my nose every 5 minutes isn't so fun.

Fleurette said...

Congrats! They are really really really beautiful! Maybe I should put my hands on a pair myself as I'm an ankle boots person (thank you Marant!) and I want a pair of black normal leather boots.

Fleurette said...

Congrats! They are really really really beautiful! Maybe I should put my hands on a pair myself as I'm an ankle boots person (thank you Marant!) and I want a pair of black normal leather boots.

Emily said...

Feel better soon!! Great post, how i miss saved by the bell! love those shoes :) Following you!

www.lovelywanderlust.com

kaye i. said...

Oh my you finally got your own pair! They're absolutely beautiful.

Feel better xo

naomi said...

the perfect black boot. they are beautiful!

MoandKa said...

Coooool Boooots! Great buy! :)

Moandka.blogspot.com

Jessica C. said...

I'm from WUT (~bergdorfs) but I can't help but be soooooo jealous and so excited for you about those boots. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE them!

Feel better lady!!

paperwhales said...

@Jessica C. Yeaaahh WUT! I'm super excited about the Mars! I got incredibly lucky and I feel like all my hard work really paid off. There were times where I would Google search Mars boot and check on every single link to see if they were available. And eBay... I was there almost everyday!

StyleCandy said...

these are adorable!

Fashion Intel said...

Go you and your new shoes!