April 11, 2011

Miffy in Fashion







The lovable childhood book character, Miffy, gets her very own exhibition in celebration of Dick Bruna Huis' fifth anniversary. Dick Bruna is the creator behind Miffy and the Dick Bruna Huis is actually a museum in Utrecht dedicated to all things Miffy. The exhibition will be showcasing party dresses designed for Miffy in this special occasion by international fashion designers, which include Saskia van Drimmelen, Claes Iversen, the British label Boudicca, Japanese label Anrealage, and Dutch fashion designer Jan Taminiau, who has dressed Lady Gaga. Over 100 fashion-related works will be exhibited beginning April 1, 2011 as part of "Miffy in Fashion." As some of you may know, I'm a big Miffy fan so it bums me out that I can't see this in person. How adorable is she in the YSL Modrian dress? Killin' me! via Source.


7 comments:

The doll on fashion said...

I love Miffy too - so cute dressed up!

The doll on fashion

Rachelous said...

Aww I remember Miffy, very cute indeed :) x

Fashion Intel said...

eeeeeeep, love Miffy! Thanks for posting this.

rae said...

aw, i absolutely adore miffy. they have such cute miffy kids dishes and cups at a local store near me. ... now if only i had children to justify buying a sippy cup ...

THE CHEAP said...

I remember seeing your blog awhile ago and I'm glad to have found it again. I love how you art and fashion for you isn't separate. Nice and very refreshing.

xx THE CHEAP

velvet underwear said...

It's soo cute!!

xoxo Margaux

glazed said...

We love Miffy and love that you love her too! Miffy's proper day at the races might be our fave... xx Glazed