April 3, 2012

3.1 Phillip Lim Sidibe Sandal



The only time I ever considered buying sandals were the 3.1 Phillip Lim Sidibe Sandals. I blogged about them last year, when I was desperately trying to find a pair in my size. But after months of searching to no avail, Phillip Lim comes out with the Sidibe, Version 2.0. I'm just really bummed that the new version was, to me, given a downgrade rather than an upgrade. No longer are there metal buckles or an all-leather upper. They now have velcro, PVC, and satin. I'm not thrilled about this updated look because I feel the materials cheapen the product a bit. Most importantly, they do not match the $375 price. via La Garconne.


1 comments:

Christine said...

jeffrey campbell's azores sandals are very similar to the first version, with the buckles. the sole is different though, certainly not as appealing. still an option to consider, maybe. :)