January 1, 2013

New Years Wishlist 2013


NIKE LADY VAPOR FLASH REVERSIBLE RUNNING JACKET  |  G-SHOCK MINI WATCH 
NIKE FREE 5.0 V4 SHOES  |  NIKE LEGEND PANTS IN TIGHT FIT





















For this new year, I want to get right with fitness and health. I want to take better care of my body by regularly working out, eating healthier, and cutting back on those beloved sweets. On improving my lifestyle, I decided it was time to upgrade my workout gear as well. I thought I'd follow through with my personal mantra of ya look good, ya feel good by investing in key workout pieces instead of an Acne shirt or APC sweater.

1. Nike Lady Vapor Flash Reversible Running Jacket  Anyone that has been in my car knows that car safety is a huge deal to me. I'm the one making sure you have your seat belt on and reminding you to never drive drowsy since it can be equivalent to driving drunk. I know too many stories about bike riders and runners getting paralyzed or killed because of a reckless driver. Because of this, having a jacket with reflectors is very important. But what makes this particular jacket so incredible? The entire surface lights up so you're visible to oncoming vehicles. The price of this jacket will have you floored, but if you can delay a couple new pairs of shoes, this purchase can be justified. Safety first above all.

2. G-Shock Mini Watch  This watch is useful on many levels. It's water-proof, shock-resistant, and has both a countdown timer and stopwatch. I've owned this G-Shock for two years now and I never go without it when being active. They come in a wide array of colors and it's always tempting to start a collection.

3. Nike Free 5.0 v4 Shoes  I currently wear the Nike Luna Racer+2 in a light grey and orange colorway. I went on a 5 hour hike a few months ago that turned my Lunas into a permanent brown instead of its normal light grey upper. Please take my advice and purchase a pair of black sneakers so they'll still look good after an outdoor activity. But if you're only doing indoor workouts, the sky's the limit for colorways. Also know that Nike running shoes tend to run a 1/2-1 size small.

4. Nike Legend Pants in Tight Fit  This is at the top of my wishlist. I'm generally always cold and since I like to run outside in the evening, wearing full length training pants seem like the perfect answer for me. To be quite honest, I didn't know these existed until a few days ago. I've never been a fan of the legging look, but as workout gear? That makes total sense to me and I now see the light. 



1 comments:

caroline said...

I never understood people who would enthusiastically post workout gears in their wishlist but I am not a convert. since joining the gym after a long, LONG break I love reading about and seeing new fitness items. I hope to actually start running soon and a jacket like that would be so necessary!